Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Our First Kiss


Dedicated To: Evangeline

As I lay in deep repose, I search my soul, from within my dreams
For the very first time your lips touched mine, in the spring time of our youth

When we were young and just beginning, to share our lives as one
I remember our love as it began to bloom, to flourish as it would

Such thoughts I've kept just for you, in the autumn of my years
The memories of our times together, brings pleasure to my heart

For the shyness was their that very first time, as I reached to touch your face
But I couldn't resist, caressing your lips, so I stole a kiss from you

A lot has happened since that encounter, even after all these years
My love for you has never wavered; it's as stong now, as it was back then
When I stole a kiss from you

But this I'll tell you, my fair sweet love, I've cherished each moment we've lived together
And I look forward to what lies beyond, for I'll know you'll be a part of me, as I will be to you

Even onto the end of time, our love will never die

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
August 29, 2006

No comments: