Thursday, August 24, 2006

Shadow of My Dreams


Dedicated To: Tony Taylor

Have you ever seen moving echoes, which flash within your dreams?
They come in the twilight of the night, while you lay asleep, with imagines of days gone by

I have many visions within my mind, some good, and some bad
Even dreaded nightmares, to scare a chill in me

But the ones that I remember most, are those who have gone their way
So many love ones, I've come to know, as I trek towards
the finality of life, as slow as one can go

Mom and Dad, Grandfather, and Grandmother top the list, with many more beneath
Aunts, Uncles, cousins, and friends, I've been privileged to know
In my travels towards the end

They come at night, not all the time, but when they do, tears cascade, down my cheeks, as I lay in deep repose

It makes one wonder of growing old, and how you'll meet your fate
For when my time arrives, and my dreams cease to be

Then I'll become an echo, flashing brightly
As I join my righteous friends, in the shadow of my dreams

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
August 24, 2006


No comments: