Saturday, August 19, 2006

Solitude of Loneliness


Dedicated To: Jonathan Ruben Gonzalez

As I walk beside this solitude of loneliness
Which seems to reside in me
I feel the pull of fate, tugging against the emptiness of despair
That lies deep, within my soul

I wonder where it shall lead, in my trek thru troubled times
When I reach the end, will life go on, or will it be like an afterthought
And fade into the wind

Without reason or answers, and running on empty thoughts, is that what waits for me?
I feel a part is missing, within my tortured being
Could this be just a wishful vision, I keep inside myself

I search for something different to soothe my aching heart
For love was never given, in my travel thru life's embrace

I never knew my Father, and my Mother orphaned me
Into this world, I grew alone
Without a parent's love, to guide or cherish me, towards my earthly strife

Now I search for love, to fill the void of nothingness, which has merged inside my core
Is it too late, can I survive, or will the end be just a dream?

I ask dear God to give me solace, and receive my heart into his grace
For then I'll know just how to love, like I've never known before

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
August 18, 2006


No comments: