Saturday, August 12, 2006

A Sinner's Dream


Dedicated To: Simon Ruben Borrego

As I ponder thru the slumber of the dreams which I recall
I hear my fate approaching softly, in the caverns of the sky

It speaks of sins committed, in my trek thru troubled times
And whispers repentance is needed, to reach eternal life

The choices are free and mine to make, the keys to salvation lies in front of me
So simple and easy, I would think, why do I hesitate?
Will God forgive all my transgressions, I've made along the way?

His Son, gave up his life for me, I need to remember this
I'll ask him for forgiveness, from a heart that's filled with sin
And after my confession, he'll open the gates for me

With passion, radiating from the glory of his eyes
And tears cascading down my cheeks, for the yoke of sin been lifted, by the one who died for me

We'll walk into his kingdom, for he washed my soul and healed my pain and made me like the driven snow
For all that I had been before, will be a passing thought

As I enter into his golden orb, to a room reserved for me
I'll find his love will last forever, in the house his Father built

Here abounds such lasting peace, I've looked for all my life
In this palace, which will be my home, for all eternity

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
August 11, 2006


No comments: