Friday, May 01, 2009

Forgotten Secrets


Restrained amid the canyons of many sad regrets
Lie forgotten secrets I keep hidden within my wretches dreams
They come inside the darkness not trying to digress
Signals from the past dodging the nothingness between the schemes

They ride upon memories I'm not able to resist
Upon an ever widening cavern, I seek what is not there
Enlacing the passion much revered, I remember our last kiss
The mingle of fears in our final caress, tortures to hard to bear

Compressing my thoughts between the stars and the rising Moon above
Did I throw my heart to the wind, in my walk around your love
Now that time has riddled the ages, I ponder where I went wrong
Or is our destiny to pass as ships into the mist and fog

I'll wonder what awaits beyond the crest as the years begins to fade
Will it bring a close to the loneliness as the road begins to narrow
Do I dare wish the feeling of emptiness to remain within the shade
For tomorrow brings another day and the coldness from the sorrow


While the tears shed for past mistakes rules a heart so barren and cold
I'll have to live in the choice I made for now the time is late
This helps to decide my destiny in the ride towards my fate
In chosen a life without a partner conveys the hollowness of my soul

For in this void, I've come to rue

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
April 24, 2009



No comments: