Friday, May 15, 2009

If


If a portrait of my dreams could be painted
Upon the shadows of your thoughts
What colors would yours eyes reflect?
Within the shelter of my heart

If a token of my love could embrace
The beauty of your soul
How long would time let us entwine?
As we sail towards the stars, beyond the Milky Way

If I could hold you close to me
As the storms of fears appear
What calm would be exposed
As we shed the sadden tears

From so many memories
Which clouds the sullen skies?
Our caressing touch would spark a light
To help us find the way

Towards eternal bliss arm in arm
We'll search towards a goal
An interlude to put a close
To all that ever been

As we dance into the canyons
Which holds serenity?
I'll peer within your shadows
To dreams of yesteryear

If only I were not so shy
What bliss would we create?
In our walk towards our fate
But alas it is too late

As I watch you drift away
Into the silence of the night

Written by Roland R. Ruiz
May 7, 2009

No comments: