Friday, May 22, 2009

Tides of Time

Will shameful desires be found in the specters of remorse?
Is the boundary which we share just a memory from the past
In bending heart and soul, will moments expand so dreams will last?
As we seek the flowing streams along this rugged course

A Rose by a rambling brook
In the early misty morn
Brings the sharpness of a daunting look
From a face so weathered and worn

Like the many straining shadows, to dash this urge of mine?
Our roving eyes come to meet, across a crowded room
Bringing back forgotten thoughts, as memories begin to pine
Of the love we once enjoyed as the past begins to loom

Wishing reverting passion would slowly commence to stray
Trying to hide the feelings, I stare another way
You with your husband, me with my wife
Slowly turning towards each other, we smile to cover the strife

Concealing the sultry feelings we shared so long ago
I whisper to my beloved, it's best we do take leave
Wondering as the door is closed could she possibly know
Not a word was as we drove home thru the rustling leaves

But deep inside I know she knows the carnal truth
Of the tryst, I tried to hide amid the tides of time

Written by Roland R. Ruiz
May 10, 2009

No comments: