Friday, May 08, 2009

Warmth of Love

It's odd how the changing season
Brings an abruptness to the air
May brings the nesting birds and the warmth
To make plants grow

Makes one think that winter has left
But that's not how it fares
Living in Texas, spring is short-lived
Wishing it were slow

Having friends in England, I chat with saying
It's cold so awful frigid
I wonder how they would feel
If every day were 95 degrees and above

That's how it will be this week
The humidity just as rigid
Now the heat has come to roost
For this I have no love

My friends it's just going to get hotter and dryer
For sure that is no fun
I've seen in my lifetime in this Lone Star State
21 straight days of 100 and above

So to those of you who enjoy
The ups and downs of an English sun
Remember good old puddles, which in a matter of hours
Will see that rising star
Spreading the warmth of unrelenting love

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
May 04, 2009

No comments: