Saturday, April 25, 2009

Ribbons of Pink Lace

33rd Wedding Anniversary Poem, for Evangeline
(04-24-76)

As the sun begins to set between the late evening dew
My eyes paint a portrait from the reflections of your face
Across the canvas of the sky with brush strokes of golden hues
I create sparkling rainbows holding ribbon of pink lace

To drape upon your loveliness, which I carry within my heart
As I smother you with kisses for you take my breath away
Each moment of our closeness will ensure we'll never part
In our voyage amid the struggles a reminder for us to pray

As the stars fade into the twilight
The sun will rise to show the way
Towards the passion of our solemn plight
Sheer beauty expounds in the words I say

For the total sum of commitment is needed in sharing this reality
On a path we follow together in search of eternal bliss
Entwining our lives as never before, we seek a true destiny
For in this trek towards forever, our love will never cease

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
April 10, 2009





No comments: