Saturday, April 11, 2009

Note of Tranquility


Dedicated: To those who suffer the anguish of Mental Illness


Have you ever thrown caution to the vestige of the wind
As you sleep within the emptiness that exists between the seams
From the stillness of the night I hear the currents begin to whine
As I walk along the shadows in the valley of my dreams

They beat a note of tranquility from a past forgotten land
In sounds profoundly surreal so alone and lost I feel
Engaging the swirling of the air I thread atop a wicked span
Balancing upon a rope called strife I seek to break this seal

For in the anguish I've acquired creates an empty base so cold
Trying to keep my sanity encased I drift to tearful sadness
From a disease known as mental illness a slow torture of the soul
Brings a rapture in the dark slowly creating fears of madness

I've learned it never mellow in the shelter of my mind
As I shift between the sane and the craziness of this world
In my wander to find a way I get bewildered without a sign
So I'll take my time in my stride to avoid the winds which swirl

Towards the sanctity of my compassion commences a gentle flow
So I'll accept with gladness what comes for me today
Traveling towards the brightness which surrounds me with a glow
Praying to my God each passing hour will bring relief this way

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
April 2, 2009



No comments: