Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Father's Love

Dedicated: Those who have felt the shame and pain of child abuse

There is something in the air
I feel it in my bones
As I lie dying on this bed
Feeling empty so alone

I hear sounds from the sky
Not sure of what they are
How I wish for death to come
To release me from this lie

For all these many years
There's been a part of me
I've kept quite due to fears
So ashamed it made me feel

For hatred still embraces
The very fabric of my soul
It comes to me at night
In the horrors I must face

Never been one of faith
Lost it in my youth
Cannot believe a God
Would allow such abuse

To please my tearful wife
A reverend paid a visit
With a bible between his hands
Saying beyond death there's another life

He said the price to enter
Is to believe in God above
To accept his Son as our redeemer
That's all that must be done

So I took his words to savor
There must be something else
For I fear to die alone
I'll ask for a graceful favor

Remove the hatred I carry
Warm this heart so cold
Forgive my sinful ways
For my time begins to fold

I hear a movement in the air
An Angle is by my bed
Telling me Jesus sent him
As he reaches for my hands

He says do not fear
I've come to take you home
I'll guide you to a Father's love
Like you've never known before

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
March 24, 2009


No comments: