Friday, January 25, 2008

Fleeting Shadows


Dedicated: Lost love, may it be found again.....

Inside this dawning, I can only ponder, as we age into another year
Is their more to life then I perceived, in the tangled webs we conceived


Against the canvas of the sky, repose desires of forbidden fantasies
Of the lies, the truths, the in betweens hidden within our thoughts

If only we could find the trust, that was lost along the byways
This separation now existing, would be but an afterthought

And all we've struggled to gain, in the time shared as one
Would not relieve the pain deep down, for the love we failed to find

I mention this in passing, as I look towards the future
To whom I once loved, I'm filled with such regret

Of long forgotten memories, a reminder from a distance past
Barren, unbridled with a tinged of sadness, for what we'll never share

But most of all, of what could have been
As we watch the feelings we did embraced, fill our hearts with tears

Seeking to encounter that certain something, to make this life complete
We'll trek toward the fleeting shadows of our dreams

As we fade into the night

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
January 20, 2008

1 comment:

Kathy Woon said...

Roland. I like your poems. It so humanity and nature. I will read all time because I love it.