Friday, January 11, 2008

Afterglow of Sheer Delight


Birthday Poem for my wife, Evangeline

If all the starlight, in the heavenly skies
Could be placed into a crystal glass, for all to view and behold

Like diamonds radiating colored sparkles
Which follows the glow of your face

The light amassed could not equal
The brilliance which shines from your eyes

The instant I see your caressing smile
The feel of your touch, this expression of joy

Reaches the very fabric of my being
Bringing contentment to my soul

Thus leaving the afterglow of sheer delight, to carry me home
As I swirl around in complete awe, of the women I've come to know

While the aftermath is like erasing the darkness, from out of the night
Reminding me of the total commitment of love, locked deeply within my heart

So I'll express my heartfelt thoughts, to the essences you truly become
To tell you how much I love you, more then all the wonders in heaven above

This is my pledge to the women I love, to the partner whose been my life
To honor, cherish, protect you forever, like the stars that glisten the sky

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
January 5, 2008



1 comment:

wince said...

i said this to my girl friend an she loved it keep em coming roland ani forgive you jk god bless