Saturday, January 19, 2008

Mystical Cries

In Memory: Those lost at sea.....

They're mystical cries which arrive in my sleep, every so once in awhile
They ascend from the depths of the ocean, bringing tears to my watery eyes

The thoughts which exist, I try to forget, regrets from a tearful past
So clearly is heard, from the realm of my dreams, sad memories contained in my heart

They're the sounds of the men, I lost from my ship, in the gales of a ragging sea
Brave men who fought the might of the waves, in search of elusive oil

I've always believed a Master's duty, is to keep ship and crew intact
But nature sometimes intervenes, to decide what fate we'll take

So in the haunts which comes to me, on the crest of a endless swell
I'll pray for the souls of the men who were lost, in the wake of a violent storm

And I'll ask the good Lord, to forgive this Captain, for what he was unable to do
In bringing the ship along with the crew, safely back home to shore

The mystical cries I will always remember, for the courage they showed to the last
By the sailors who paid the ultimate price, in seeking the majestic whale

So in the shudders that come to me, every so once in awhile
I hope they'll remain in the depth of the sea, to relieve the pain in my soul

For they died in the hope of living again, such bravery I'll never forget
May they rest forever in internal peace, in the deep of their watery graves

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
January 7, 2008


No comments: