Saturday, January 05, 2008

Fade into Oblivion


Can we fade into oblivion, on the measure of our lives?
Can we drift upon our broken dreams, below an empty sky?

I sometimes ponder in my thoughts, when I'm encased in loneliness
In sorting through the untruths we've told, in hiding the guilt we caused

We've shared a life for many years, but never totally as one
I'll go one way, you another as we travel our separate ways

In between that distance, lays the reality of our past
As we share a loveless bed, to match the coldness in our stare

So I'll search for truth and meaning, to keep us man and wife
For I tire of this existence, it's no way to live a life

There's withered canyons holding memories, of love long forgotten
I ask you dear, to seek with me the passion we once embraced

It's not too late to alter fate, if we give it half a chance
Within the blink of a wayward eye, the world can change forever

So work with me help me find, what once we held so close
For I'm too old, to set in ways, and I think you feel the same

And in that destiny we'll create, our love shall bloom anew
Our broken dreams will be mended, as we learn to love again

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
Januray 2, 2008


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Anonymous said...

First you must make a committment to yourself. Then, anything is possible within the realm of reality.
Been There