Sunday, December 30, 2007

Remnants of A Lonely Past


On tangled webs and evergreens, we spin towards the end
As another year begins to fade, into the shadows of the night

I watch from my second story loft
In the hope of finding faces, to fill my empty thoughts

Leaving only the leaves of late December
Moving silently across the lawn, to stir a chill in me

Remaining me of what was lost, and what was gained
Remnants of a lonely past, I'll never see again

While the pursuit into the realm of another time
Lingers in my heart, as I wonder what's to come

So I'll gather with hope and prayer, as I ponder what lies ahead
Wishing the best for one and all, in the wake of this New Year

May God Bless each one of you, who'll read between these dreams
In the ramblings of a man unsure, of what lies around the bend

So pray along with me, for brighter days to come
Believe my friends, that's all it takes, to make our hopes come true

For in that yoke of darkness, which surrounds our mortal souls
Shall be lifted by the Son of Man, as he descends upon his throne

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
December 26, 2007


No comments: