Thursday, December 13, 2007

Fog of Destiny


I hear a calling, which beckons me
To a place which inflames the cold

The ocean blue, beneath the keel
Is a haven, which gets in one's soul

It thickened the joy of being young
Even when you're lost in time

Grey skies,above tall masts
And a boat, that is part of my past

Is all that's left of the fantasies?
I've learned to keep to myself?

How I yearn to be back at sea
Within the shelter of my ship

Riding upon the cresting swells
In the wake of an endless swirl

Where the moon rises, the mist lies
Amid the fog, that hides destiny?

But the years march on, my youth left behind
With only memories, to cherish my thoughts

So I sit in my chair, with a look of despair
As I recall the thundering sails

Filled by the winds, that carries the lights
From the Northern Hemisphere

Wishing to return, to the place I call home
What envisions appear in my tears?

So I'll dream of the days, and the salty spray
From an ocean that's no longer mine

As my ship harbors me, in one final voyage
To the port, where my heart longs to be

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
Dec. 10, 2007




No comments: