Sunday, November 05, 2006

Pondering Thoughts



Dedicated To: Art Bocanegra

Have you ever wondered how many seconds, remain within your life
Or how may times your heart has beaten, since you first appeared in your Mother's womb

On this cloudy murky day, as I sit upon my trusted steed, with only these thoughts to keep me occupied
I ponder what life has dealt to me, and wonder why I feel this way

All that I have ever done makes little difference
When the seconds and heartbeats meets at the end, and all my debts are due

That's when I'll meet the maker who waits for me, on the other side of life
Will I be ready to face what is to come, or should I correct the mistakes I've made, before my time runs out

This is the deep question I need to answer, as I sit with my lonely thoughts
And wonder why I've led a life of solitude, without a soul mate to comfort me in my time of need

I fear my seconds will soon give out, as my heartbeat begins to fade
So I'll make my peace before I go, and pray it will be enough

So I'll be able to share the glory, which waits for me, and all those who believe
In another place so much kinder, then the one I live in today

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
November 2, 2006

No comments: