Thursday, November 09, 2006

Seconds & Heartbeats



In Memory: Jesus Gonzalez Jr.

In the inner corners of my thoughts, lie the heartaches of my life
Which comes to haunt me each time I gaze, towards the love we once embraced

It's been two years since you departed, leaving me all along
To wander in this empty house, with only memories, to calm the fears, which remain within my dreams

The seconds and heartbeats we shared together, since we became just one
Keeps my sanity from being lost, in the shadows of my heart

I've tried to find another love, too soothe my lonely days
But I've yet to find that special one, to replace the images your face in shines, upon my wretched soul

So I'll try to sleep and hope no thoughts of you, will reach inside of me
But this I know, as sure as the morning dew forms upon the grass

The feelings of you, will come to me in the twilight of the night
As I'll yearn and weep many tears, for all you've left behind

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
November 08, 2006

No comments: