Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Destiny




Dedicated To: Louis Antonio Almaguer, Jr.

As I walk along this barren highway, where I've never been before
I look and ponder how I got here, with not a soul to even ask

I'm searching for a sign post, their lies one up ahead
My eyes begin to strain, as I look to read the name

The words I spy says Destiny, how strange it seems to me
As I wonder how I came upon, this quiet lonely path

So I keep my pace and hope another, will soon be joining me
To tell me where I am, and what lies around the bend

I'm thinking how this happened, unable to recall
The last think I remember, was driving down the mountain, in the early morning fog

Tired from working the night shift, and in a hurry to get home
So I drive a little faster, as my eyelids begin to fall

Now I'm walking down a road, without a car to steer me home
Something wrong, very different, never felt this way before

In the distance I see a person, heading straight towards this spot
Could it be a lonely stranger with the same thoughts, I possess?

As he gets a little closer, it begins to dawn on me
He isn't even walking, for his wings are clear too see

Now I know why the sign post, has the name of Destiny
My days are finally over, no point in shedding tears

Though I led a life of goodness, I've sinned along the way
For every night before I sleep, I pray to God my soul to keep
and to forgive my earthly sins

Now the time has come to reap, for all that I've prayed
Today is just the beginning, of the next eternity

For my Guardian Angle has been sent, by the Son who loves me so
To guide me to my heavily home, the one his Father built

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
November 13, 2006






No comments: