Sunday, October 29, 2006

Dreams of A Beating Heart


Dedicated To: Clyde Harris

If ever a dream, could describe the feeling of love
I hold for you inside my beating heart

The day would not be fast enough, to cascade into the dark
So I could fall asleep quickly, to let my thoughts of you begin

The visions of the love we shared, so many years ago
Reflect upon our inner selves, as we try to relive our loss

My eyes did meet a glancing dart, between our broken souls
The sparks still flame, even though years have passed
Since you were my blushing bride

Now the only thoughts we share, are the one we made together
For she is truly a gift from God, where did we go so wrong

I know that we're not the same, our lives has lead to separate trails
Along the road of life, it's as if another, has placed on a different path

But as we meet on this wedding day, for the one we created from love
I hope and pray she'll be able to keep, what we lost along the way

And as the Pastor repeats the words I remember, from another place and time
To love, honor, and cherish each other, forever and a day

How I wish we could have kept our vows, what a difference this hour would make
As I watch my baby walks out the isle, towards the path she'll take

I think back to what should have been, as the tears flow down your cheeks
And wishing time would turn around, so I could love you all over again

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
October 28, 2006

No comments: