Monday, October 03, 2005

The Hell We Patrol


Dedicated To: Christopher Martinez

Down a darken street so narrow
Lies a passage of deep deception

Lurking beneath the broken windows
With death behind each, blacken shadow

I feel a fear creeping over me
As I walk thru this wretched land

My fellow soldiers, walk beside me
With their rifles tightly held

We'll search this town, as duty calls us
To find an enemy, that hides so well

An order is given to advance
Towards a point upon the map

Oh, how I hate this town
The city, they call Baghdad

I say a prayer, as we trek forward
A call to God, forms in my heart

Please dear Lord, protect these soldiers
From the deadly traps, prevailing

In this God forsaken town
The city they call Baghdad

Soon I hear the sound of bullets
Streaming past my GI helmet

I search to find a spot to shield me
I turn to see my fellow soldiers, face the same ordeal

I look to see where the gunfire came from
All at once, we return the fire

Towards the shattered building
Across the pebbled street

Soon a silence fills the air
No more gunfire comes our way

I look to see if harm be felled us
Thank you Lord, no blood was shed

Once again, we resume our march
Soon we reach the point we seek

Now we can return to base
To rest our weary bones

And hope that God does hear our prayers
For tomorrow is another day

In this hatred hell of fate
The city they call Baghdad

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
Oct. ' 2005





No comments: