Thursday, October 13, 2005

Men In Blue




Dedicated To: Michael Ray Gonzalez

I walked a beat, when I was young
With a partner at my side
Who was older, wiser, and ever so kind
To this rookie by his side

He taught me much of what I know
About the shady parts of town

I'm glad I listened to what he said
For he had much to tell
Of the times he came so close
To losing life and limb

I look back, and remember well
The times I walked the street
Now the circle, has come complete
And it is I, who shows the rope

To a youngster, who strolls the street with me
And listens so attentively, to all I have to say
I look at him, and see myself, when I was very young

I think back to my partner, and all the years between
As we walk down, the crowded street
In the shady part of town

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz

No comments: