Wednesday, September 28, 2005

A Brother-In-Law's Prayer


Dedicated To: Reynaldo Gonzalez

I remember that day in church, so many years ago
I watched you stare towards the doors, as the music began to play

My Father with looks of bewilderment, set deep within his eyes
Slowly walked my sister towards your waiting arms

My Mother's tears began to flow, as all Mother"s do
But I looked on with a different view, as they marched along the pews

I remember her as a child, and all that we went thru
The fights we had, while growing up, as all siblings do

For soon my younger sister, will make a life anew
The hope and prayer I have for you, is take good care of her

For she and I do share a bond, for all these many years
The blood that flows so deep in me, also flows in her

Before I leave my earthly bounds, I need to tell you this
God did grant my every prayer in the hope I have for you

So now we're in our twilight years, and I still remember so well
That day in the crowded church, as the music began to play

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
September' 2005


No comments: