Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Double Bouquet








In Memory: Of love departed, but not forgotten

Within the shallows of your grave

Their lies a hallowed love

It comes from what once we felt

In the time we shared as one

I’m here to bring you flowers

The kind you always liked

Now there are two, I come to see

For our son lies by your side

It’s been two years, since he left

To a war across the sea

On his return, in a flag draped coffin

We cried unto the night

Now I face another loss

You left me all alone

Again, I cry, but you’re not here

To console my streaming tears

So now, I bring a double bouquet

To lay upon these markers

Remembering the one, we loved and nurtured

I picked these flowers for him

The other my sweet, I place for you

As tears, begin to flow

For the women who was his Mother?

To the Mother, who was my wife?

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz

March 16, 2007

1 comment:

David Stokely said...

Wow Roland. This touched me deeply. Very powerful. I weep with you. . .