Friday, March 21, 2008

Flames of Passion


On shifting sands of time, in a land so far from home
I lay upon this lonely bunk, remembering my love for you

Ten months into a tour of duty finally a glimmer, has shown its face
Which brings a spark to the darkness, in the hope what lies ahead

It seems a change of orders, has brought a sense of stability
To a country long existing, in the turmoil's of moral decay

Death still stalks but not as often, how I pray for God to cease
As we camp upon this desert, in the heat which bears no shade

Each hour of the day, I think of you as the sun moves across the sky
Waiting until I can hold you tight, taste your lips, embrace you totally

Between now and the time I leave, there's a duty I must uphold
To a nation, knowing only the grief of fear, in the walls which holds their shame

A heavy burden we carry, I feel the tide has begun to change
The prayers I keep within my chest, is for peace to invade our souls

Writing this letter in my tent, I feel the need for sleep affect my tired eyes
The reflections of my thoughts will always be of the love within our hearts

The time will soon be here my sweet, when I'll return to be with you
We'll ignite the flames of passion anew, in the dreams we share as one

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
February 24, 2008



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the DVD e CD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://dvd-e-cd.blogspot.com. A hug.