Saturday, April 12, 2008

Tracks of Time

Along the dusty tracks of time
Lurks the memories of forgotten lore
It comes in the haunts, of my sleepless nights
A reminder of what was lost, within a restless heart

Awakening to the bitterness, which never seems to fade?
Enlightens the loneliness felt, in the desperate flow of despair
So I'll take whatever comes my way
For the mistakes made in the embrace, we call life

The dreads I've come to know, which has been a part of me
Gives me thought of how it shall end, before the final blow
Wishing I could alter time, so I can start anew
But alas this cannot be, so I'll look to another source

I have come to this conclusion, evil does exists
It surrounds our very nature, tempting us in every way
But if one looks between the darkness
There is a brightness, which lights the day

It lies in the man named Jesus, who died upon the cross
He came to save our souls, if only we believe
Just take his heart within yourself, for you'll never be alone
To feel the richness of his grace is the greatest gift of all

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
April 08, 2008


No comments: