Monday, September 17, 2007

Fruits of Wild Desires


I come to wonder how one accepts the fruits of wild desires
Do we climb into a darken cavern, and hide the flames of passion

Or face the ragged feelings, which keep our hearts at bay
I have noticed in the years of struggle, that love is ever fragile

Once broken, embracing lips will never taste the same
Such is the lesson one learns, in the haunts of an immoral life

Along with the truth of broken dreams, comes tears filled with lies
Which I thought were hidden from you, in the secrets I kept inside

I have turned away the love, from the woman that's been my wife
To bear the essences of lust, which has cast my soul to hell?

For within this dungeon of a sadden heart, which beats a lonely chord
Lay the visions of all the hurt I caused, along with the price I'll pay?

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
August 26, 2007


No comments: