Thursday, September 06, 2007

The Ebbs and Flows of Time


Have you ever wondered about the ebbs and flows of time?
The ups and downs, the turnarounds, which makes our lives surreal

Arriving upon an age far detached from the youth, I once embraced
I begin to view the ease of life's simplicities, in the autumn of the years

Wishfully looking towards the past, where lies my inner core
Praying and hoping the good outweighs the bad, as I seek a higher ground

Uncertain of what lingers ahead, I gingerly stay on this narrow course
Reluctantly accepting the errors of my ways, as I forge towards my goal

Following the pattern within my soul, to fine some peace of mind
For I am tired, ready to rest my weary bones, as the sun begins to dim

So I will prepare for what's to come, as the bridge comes to an end
In asking the holy savior, to melt my sins away

For in the ebb and flow of time, reside the true delusions
Which erupts with pure rapture, in the radiances of his love?

In this delirious state of redeeming grace, our Lord grants to each of us
Lies the path to infinity, with his death upon the cross

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
August 22, 2007



No comments: