Friday, April 13, 2007

Flood of Thoughts


Dedicated to: alytatt, Msytic, CPD, paintedlady & the members of Poetry2Share

To those of you will will read and hear my words of verse
I wish to convey in my thoughts, of how they came to be

Sometimes they arrive in the middle of the day
Most often they come while I sleep, in the wee hours of the morn

Where a phrase or sentence will reach my heart, in the shadows of the night
From a source that was totally unknown, until I heard a voice

At first I thought it couldn't be, a sound so clear, and concise
Then it began to dawn on me, of God's mysterious ways

So when these thoughts appear to me, I arise slowly, so not to wake my wife
With a sentence or phrase freshly imprinted, so I carefully write them down

Then I crawl back into bed and quickly fall asleep, waking to the morning dew
At first I wondered how this could be, is it just a fantasy of my dreams

But as I gaze upon my writing pad, a flood of thoughts begin to flow
Soon the words, which came to me, starts to forge into a write

I know this may sound strange to you, but an Angel does come to me
In the middle of my dreams, and she gives to me a special gift, that comes from high above

Guardian Angels are abound, for God has need of them
To spread the gifts he gives to all, in the words that we convey

So I'll honor what my Angel brings, and share my gift with you
For I know God meant for this to be, in the prose he sends to me

One other thought before I go, I wonder how your poems, are implanted upon your being
Do they arrive like mine, from Heaven above, or do they form another way

I leave you with this final thought, as I prepare to go my way
I pray your dreams, will impart sweet stanzas, to share with us today

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
April 09, 2007



No comments: