Saturday, April 21, 2007

Highway to Oblivion


In the years you've lived, have you ever driven to the top of a hill?
After reaching the summit, you notice a long winding slope

Heading towards oblivion, on a crossroad known as life?
Unsure of what direction to travel, so you take the high road, and hope for the best

As I follow the whispering caverns, along this road of strife
I seek to find the peace of mind, which seems to have eluded me

Ever since you left my side, to be with someone else
You took away my beating heart leaving me lost and alone, unable to find my way

So I'll gather my th0ughts as best I can, and try to forget the hurt you caused
For all the love we shared is gone, as I search within myself for the very reasons why

Only the illusion of wayward fantasies, is all that's left behind
So the road I choose will stay unknown, until I reach the end

But this for sure will remain with me, as I thread forward in my life
Memories of better times along with tears we've shed, in the years we shared as one

Will help to keep me on the straight and narrow, leading to just full end?
So I'll carry your thoughts within my soul, until you fade away

While I'll search the highways of loneliness, in the caverns of my dreams
For one who will turn my night into day

And will share with me the emotion of true love?
The way it was meant to be

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
April 16, 2007

No comments: