Saturday, April 28, 2007

Towards Forever


There is a highway in the sky
Which flows towards forever?

To those who have lived a virtuous life
The stars will shine like diamonds, to guide you along the way

And for those who create misery for others
Only darkness will fill the void, leading to oblivion

At the beginning of my end, their lies a road without a name
As I travel forward, seeking to find the heartaches I left behind

It starts to dawn on me, how cruel time can be
In trying to put back the pieces, to all that has been lost

So I gather my thoughts, as best I can
Before the tears, begin to flow for the memories we once held

I thought how hard it would be, to let you know the score
To tell you the love we shared, has gone to another's heart

It's never easy to tell someone, the way one truly feels
So you must know the truth my dear, for their can be no other way

The love which once I held for you, belongs to someone else
So do not fear my worthy wife, as I'll offer you this final advice

The highway will be clear for you, as you travel towards your end
You have lived a righteous life, for all that you have given

It's I who will pay the price, for the sins which I committed
For your carriageway in the sky, will have signposts to show the way

While I'll slither along on the road to oblivion
For the hurt I caused and the love I surrendered

In turning away from you

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
April 24, 2007