Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Jaded Memories


In the jagged edges of the dawn, lie the jaded memories from another past
They come at night in my thoughts, to lull me back to a quieter place

Which bring sweet tears of joy, as I hold you in my arms
Why did time take this away, when we were young, so much in love?

Life can be cruel at times, playing tricks within our souls
And now your heart, soul and body, belongs to someone else

That which is meant to be, can never be undone
So I'll take what comes to me of you, in the fantasies of the night

And wish we had traveled together, along the road of life
Alas, for that is not to be, so beware my faded love

For in the fondness I keep, for what we once embraced
I pray you'll find the happiness, you so deserve, in the confines of your heart

Where my love for you will never wane
In the solitude of my dreams

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
February 13, 2007

No comments: