Thursday, February 08, 2007

Cavern of Dreams


I hear the echoes of loneliness, so sharp and clear, in the cavern of my dreams
They come at night to torture me, for the words I could not say

The resounding memories from another time, lie deep between my thoughts
Cascading off the walls of despair, which resides within my heart

If only I could forget the love I hold for you, inside my wretched soul
It would help release depressions of guilt, for the words I failed to say

Now as I try to tell you, the way I truly feel
Your eyes look the other way, you have no room for me

So my words of love will not be heard, no matter what I do
For your heart has flown to another one, who was not afraid to say

The very words I left unspoken
I'll love you dear, forever more


Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
February 06, 2007

No comments: