Friday, February 23, 2007

Eyes of a Wiser Man


Dedicated: To those who've wept with a broken heart

Between the tears of a broken heart
Reside bitter sweet memories of my former life

They come to haunt me, in the lateness of the night
Reminding me of mistakes I've made, along the road of strife

Like a ship being tossed, by the gales of a ragging sea
So goes my every thought

Stirring dreams from another past
As I try to forget, in the wee hours of the morn

I wish so hard to block the love I keep
Inside my tormented soul

But each time, the visions of you appear
In the clarity of my mind

Revamping all the hurt you've caused
In the dungeons of my heart

I've searched to find another
To steer the pain away

But it's not as easy as one would think
To wash your sins away

And erase the harm you've caused
Within the fiber of my being

What a fool was I?
To believe those blatant lies

The very ones you swore to me
In the coldness of your tone

But I was blind, so much in love
How could I not believe?

It was fate that showed the honest truth
Which made me see the light?

Now I know the real you
Your wickedness shines so true

And like a ship lost at sea
Which has been thru a terrible storm?

My life goes on, all battered and bruised
In a lesson, I've learned from life

For the love I lost, in losing you
Will always be felt inside

And I view the passion of another
Thru the eyes of a wiser man

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
February 20, 2007

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mistakes are made to be given up.