Friday, June 26, 2009

Who Am I


Who am I to tell you
Why the stars shine so bright
Who am I to explain
Why the day turns into night

Why do I even ponder
The reasons for this plight
For I'm a non-believer
I seek a torch to light

From the darkness of this cavern
That been a part of me
I crave the freedom from the pain
Which fills this empty soul

To walk among the righteous
To view what I can't see
Hoping to shed the weakness
Which shields me from the fold

For the many unanswered questions
Which keeps me at bay
Until I become a convert
a sheep among the flock

To roam and be protected
By the shepherd who leads the way
Then the many mysterious wonders
With a key he shall unlock

Enlightening the shadows of who I am
For my queries have been paved
By the blood of the Son who is the lamb
Within his grace my soul be saved

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
May 31, 2009



No comments: