Friday, July 03, 2009

Silent Call

Dedicated: Those who work & retire

In the specters of the lonely night
Lies the dreams of hidden fears
Coming in riddles without much light
Struggling to maintain, I'll shed no tears

For what befalls befits this soul
I've earned my fate paid my dues
From this heat is felt the cold
Now it's time to take the cue

To drive towards the falling sun
To end what I've always done
Now I've become the total sum
Of a stranger who has been shunned

Time waits on no man
Has a calling all its own
In its move across the sands
Relentlessly it seeks a home

It catches up to one and all
Exploding upon the scene
It whispers a silent call
Curtailing a fading dream

No matter what will flow
From my remaining days
I'll accept the winds which blow
In my trek towards the setting rays

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
July 1, 2009

No comments: