Saturday, June 20, 2009

Final Moments

Can a heart be lost forsaken?
In a guise we call despair
Will the hurt given and taken
Be forgiven with loving care

Or is it just a fading memory
One's life to cry in shame
A cover to hide the mystery
For the reasons igniting the flames

So much does come my way
In the autumn of my life
Hoping it's not to late to pray
To rid these pains of strife

I'll ask to be forgiven
From the life I've defiled
For the hurt I caused the living
Brings repentance from this child

I know of only one
To take this pain away?
From the Father comes the son
Risen from the grave

I hear an Angel coming
Its name we know as death
My final hours are looming
I feel a shortness of breath

In my final moments
I'll reach to touch his hands
With grace he'll offer sonnets
In our walk across the sands

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
June 7, 2009

No comments: