Saturday, November 01, 2008

The Spider's Leer


Like a spider which weaves a web
To catch a prey to nourish
I lay besides you, in search of dreams
To calm the tension, which flourish?

Depression seems to follow me
On the fast lanes of life's embrace
Locked within a cage, I feel forgotten concerns so tightly encased
Imprisoned without a key I search for a way to escape

Remembering the sweet times we've shared together
Brings my frail sanity, to a near normal state
Fearing the worst I pray for a miracle to happen
For losing you will be the end, is this to be my fate

I've thought of what might be done
To life this yoke and spare the heavy burden
One bullet from a chamber would cure all my ills
Ceasing the pain turning the tide, sadly closing the curtain

But this is not the way to go, for their must be another solution
For I shall not become the prey, of the spider's leer
Faith shall lead me back again to the fold of your loving arms
Where we shall live as never before, as we shout with joyful cheer

From this tangle mesh in the weave we have sewn
Will deter us from becoming the prey to the creatures of the night
For the love which was lost from within our hearts will soon be released
Igniting a flaming passion once again, in a web of sheer delight

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
October 4, 2008


No comments: