Friday, May 23, 2008

Mortal Fears


Can a river of deception be a prelude to a dream?
As we sleep with eyes wide open, hoping it's not a scheme

Wishing to catch a glimmer, from the brilliance of your eyes
I lean to kiss your moisten lips, as the moon begins to rise

In the twilight of the dew, lies sweet memories I hold for you
Which becalms a restless heart, of a stranger I once knew?

We've shared so much together, in the volume of our years
I feel as if our love has grown, beyond our mortal fears

For in the time God grants to us, I'll make this solemn oath
To cherish each second given, for the thoughts you hold so close

So take my hand, hold me tight, and never look behind
For the destiny of the new eternity, is there for us to find

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
May 14, 2008



No comments: