Saturday, May 17, 2008

Gathering Storms


Can the sultry taste of a passionate kiss be measured within our dreams?
Could the lasting memories, of years past, slip between the seams?

Will the gathering storms, heard so clear, be just a passing lark
Is it the wish of what once was felt, that drives us further apart

I fear that all we've come to know, will soon be an afterthought
While the richness of all we dwelled upon becomes a fleeting haunt

I want so much for love, to be caressed into our hearts
To feel refreshed, with only thoughts to never think to part

So in the desires I'll share with you, I'll do what must be done
In seeking the passion which has been lost, between the setting sun?

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
May 12, 2008
















2 comments:

David Stokely said...

Your last two have such a melancholy feel to them. I enjoyed them, but there is a sadness there. . .

Dave

Roger T. Feeback said...

"I fear that all we've come to know, will soon be an afterthought
While the richness of all we dwelled upon becomes a fleeting haunt"

Great use of emotion and leaving us looking for more...