Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Slumber of My Dreams

A convoy of U.S. military vehicles moves through the Kuwaiti desert toward the Iraqi border

Dedicated: To the men and women, in a far away land

In between reality and the slumber of my dreams
Lies the softness of the love, which caress each thought of you

Every night that separates our lives, brings tears to my aching heart
While the sadness contained within my soul, is too much for me too hold

So I'll think of you each moment, in this land so filled with fear
As we trek across the painted sands, in the duty I swore to adhere

I truly hope God keeps me safe, and brings me home to you
To be inside your loving arms, is all that I do pray

So fear not my darling wife, I shall return to fill your life with love
Within the slumber of our dreams, we'll share each night together

Resides the true reality of peace
Which came with the price, we suffered

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
September 22, 2007




No comments: