Saturday, October 13, 2007

Rapture of the Deep

Dedicated: To the brave men, serving beneath the sea

In the innocence of your eyes
Lies the volume of an empty heart

It pulls towards a craving, within the whispers of the wind
Half hidden from the longing, which remains inside of me?

Six months out from land, without the sky to even view
Makes this tour of duty lonely, amid the deep which we endure

Each day our dreams are separated, by the loneliness of despair
Gives me thought of how I miss you, in the remoteness which we share

In the solitude of my bunk, in the hours I have free
I contemplate caressing the softness of your touch, as I kiss your tears away

The memories kept within my soul, grows stronger by the day
For I know very soon, I'll be back between your arms, to share eternal love

Until that time arrives, I'll perform a seaman's duty
Aboard this mighty boat, which patrols beneath this briny?

For I'm a submariner a member of the crew
We set sail, on a voyage forging onwards

To secure the peace, bound in silence
Amongst the rapture of the deep

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
October 02, 2007

No comments: