Monday, January 08, 2007

The Winds of March


In Memory: Maria C. Ruiz (03-10-24) (03-28-03)

March brings breezes loud and shrill, stirs the golden Daffodil
Within the branches of the trees, blown by winds from the northern skies

Lay the hope of another year, in the seeds which cling to the sleeping trees
Which wakes the flowers in the ground, to put our mind at ease?

I paid a visit the other day, to a place I seldom go
Where memories lie beneath the ground, and tears are often found


The 28th of March to be exact, is a time of sadness; I'll never forget
That's the day our Mother left, to be with God above

The pain which left her soul that morn, transferred to the ones she loved
That very moment lingers in me, and my siblings will never forget

For the winds of March blew in from the north, and took her life from us
And the tears we cried in the early dawn, will forever remain in our hearts?

Only memories of a Mother who gave us life, is all that we have left

As I watch the golden Daffodils she loved so much, stirring atop her grave

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
January 7, 2007

No comments: