Saturday, January 13, 2007

Shadows of the Night


Dedicated: To those who mend the broken hearts

Have you ever wondered why memories remain so deep inside our souls?
In the outer limits of the stars, is where my dreams of you are stored

It is there your face reflects, the amber's of the twilight
Which lessen the pain that's held of you, in the shadows of the night?

While the beauty of your memory, remains entrenched inside my thoughts
This helps to heal the loneliness that resides within my heart?

It's been three years, since you left my side, how empty is this shell
For I never thought I could find another, to match the love we shared

In my search of a special one, to replace the emptiness which haunts me so?
I found a soul mate, who helps overcome, the sadness of your lost

This absolves the clouds of guilt I feel, and sends the hurt away
But my thoughts for you will always be, of the passion we once embraced

And the love I'll share, with the one who mends a broken heart
Will sparkle like diamonds in the sky, as we soar towards our dreams

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
January 11, 2007


No comments: