Monday, September 18, 2006

The Midnight Sky


Have you ever been under the midnight sky, riding along with the salty spray across the barren sea?
With only the stars and moonlight shinning bright to whisper to your thoughts

As I set upon this rickety porch, and look toward the open waters, that once was a part of me
The dreams of when I was young and free, keeps flooding back and haunts me, in the middle of the night when I'm alone, without a soul to keep me company

The memories of the wild ocean lay deep within my mind
I remember slicing around Cape Horn, in the early morning hours

With a copper sky, behind the mast, which highlights the beauty of the day?
While the ice cold waves, that broached the ship, brings contentment to my soul

The sounds of the sea, remains in me, for all these many years
Which adds to the joy, to this weathered sailor, who longs to be aboard a ship, within the swells of an endless wake?

How I wish I could go back and sail around the Horn, in the ship that was my life
until time caught up and I got old, for only the sea is ageless

The sky, and fog, the savage tides at night, brings comfort to my misty eyes, as I look towards the ocean, from the porch of my land locked ship

That now becomes my home, until the middle of the night, when my dreams begin to flow, and I'm back at sea, where I long to be

In wait of God, calling me to the harbor of his love, where I'll dock my ship upon his pier and sail no more forever

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
September 17, 2006


No comments: