Monday, July 03, 2006

Forgiving Heart




The whispers from your soul, which lay within my broken dreams
Reveals a secret which we hold inside, of another place and time

When we were young, carefree, and ever so shameless
In the love which we embraced, in the shadow of our minds
I think of what we instilled, and the hurt made along the way

What a web of deceit laid bare, by our lusty thoughts
But that was not to be, for the unrelenting love we shared was never meant to flourish
Nor the forbidden memories weaved together, between our wretches souls

It was just to hard to bear, for the harm I caused to the one I love
To the one who is my wife, will always remain inside of me
The tortured look within her thoughts, it's so clear for all to see

Even when she forgave me, her eyes reveal the hurt inside, for all that I've done
So now the love we once had, has been transferred to her
To my wife, who gave to me second chance, to turn my life around

So now I bid farewell to you, may God forgive our sins
For the love infused together, remains a shattered dream
That lies deep, in a forgiven heart, my love did grant to me

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
July 1, 2006

2 comments:

nanaursula said...

Roland, this is another beautiful expression of thoughts and feelings. How a heart can bear and forgive when true love is residing in it - it is amazing! We all cause hurt sometimes, we all committed sins and we all hope for forgiveness and also hope for this unshakable love which can do it.
This poem is so sensitive in ways of cognition and realization, it shows the world of feelings and conscience and may stir thoughts and wisdoms. You really have a way to show the innermost world of our existence. Thank you!!

Roland R. Ruiz said...

Thanks Ursula, for your kind words for my write. We sometimes wonder how a heart broken can forgive, for sins made. True love can override all hurt, and when forgivness is granted, it must never be dishonored. For true and real love exists, between those who forgive.........Roland....