Sunday, March 12, 2006

A Moment In Time


Dedicated To: Jacob Deleon

Have you ever wanted, a moment in time
To return again, and again

As I sit in my chair, with loneliness by my side
I think of the friends, who no longer exist

And I wonder, when my time will end
They say there's advantages to growing old

But as I approach my 95th year
The only advantage, I feel in my bones
Is my death, which is certain to be

The sting of death, has taken its toll
My wife, my kids, my brothers, and sisters

All gone and buried away, as I sit in my chair
Only thoughts, remain of the joy, I remember only so well

My body did leave me 10 years ago
But my mind is still sharp, and as quick as a whip

I cry each night, when my dreams recollect
Of the loves ones, who's gone their way

And I pray to my God, who's taken away
The ones that I loved so much

I feel I've suffered enough, in my life
But Lord, it's your thoughts that count

If you would grant me, the dreams which I pray
And place me in a chair, in your home

Let me rekindle, the joys of my youth
And I'll share all my thoughts with you

No comments: