Friday, August 20, 2010

Texas Teddy Bear

There lies inside this Texas frame
A mind that loves to play
Within my thoughts it’s mostly jest
In all that I convey

Never one to shy away
From all that I do say
Bringing laughs, maybe a smile
Becomes me that’s my style

At times do tend to get carried away
Going a bit too far
Others may think my thoughts are frayed
Deserving to be barred

No disrespect will be marred
In the forum few participate
Meaning no harm in what is sparred
In the games Alan create

For I’m a big Texas Teddy Bear
A push over you might say
One who’ll never take a dare?
Or ever asked for a raise in pay

The lessons in life I’ve come to see
Noticed by family and valued peers
For age has finally caught up with me
Changing my rhymes to tearful jeers

If by chance I skip a dance
Slowing down a little bit
My fears may make me prance
Maybe it’s best I sit

Deep down within this Texas heart
Beats a goodness true and blue
I’ll share all I can before I part
Into the madness of the dew

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
August 01, 2010









No comments: