Friday, June 04, 2010

Sordid Lies


(A last grasp at togetherness)

What lurks inside a breathless thought?
Aroused by regrets so keenly sought?
Of love we've shared but somehow lost
The pain so conjures a priceless coast

If only the feelings we once did save
Return to us like the waves which crave
That special mood we nurtured and paved
Reflections of thoughts now ever so grave

Desires of love I wished returned
I know you feel you've been spurned
I've acted totally unconcerned
Is our bridge forever burned?

Such feelings are worth another try
I see your tears I hear you cry
I feel you want to say goodbye
From the many sordid lies

So now the rest is up to you
My promise for you is to be true
Forgiveness comes with many hues
From shames inflicted reside the dues

In this last grasp at togetherness
I ask to put aside the bitterness
From the visions of my roving ways
Will you turn the dark to the light of day?

For I'm a frail and weakened man
Who's seen the errors of this sham?
I want so much to keep this bank
You placed so lovely upon my hand

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
May 20, 2010




No comments: